Thursday, October 29, 2015

Shiokara-Bushi/ Squid Sisters Melody: Lyrics and information

Squid Sisters: The iconic pop due of Splatoon
Splatoon, the one game I bought an entire system for, just recently came out with their CD soundtrack aptly named Splatune.

Within the 2 CD soundtrack you get various songs and SFX from the game. Mainly you get most of the multiplayer/lobby songs on the first disk. While the second disk is filled with the Splat-Fest, single player campaign, and special SFX and two special songs. But out of everything I was most excited for the Squid Sister battle song. The song's tittle is actually called Shikoara Bushi.

Shiokara-Bushi or Sea O' Colors Bushi is an interesting title itself. Shiokara deals with Sea O' Colors, or what the Squid Sisters are known as in Japanese and bushi is the suffex for folk songs in Japanese, but along the word simply stands for melody. Either way, bushi can be used in both context on this CD soundtrack, since we do get an alternative, or rather a more traditional version of the song.

Track 19: Shiokara-Bushi
Track 35: Shiokara-Bushi (Traditional)

The traditional version of Shiokara-Bushi is more what you would hear during a festival; taiko, shamisen, and the flute along with the singing of the song and bursts of traditional chanting show how varied the song actually is. Though on the tracklist it is just the one I typed above but when putting it in my player you get an interesting title, Ganso Seicho Shiokara-Bushi (which contains kanji I don't know the entire meaning) but people have translated it to Original Traditional Salted Fish Melody. I'll go look up the kanji later and see if the common translation is accurate.

But honestly, that isn't the thing that I was the most excited for. The lyrics are in the booklet. Here is a picture of the lyrics that I took, it may not be the best; but here it is.
Shiokara-Bushi lyrics: In hiragana only
From what I can gather, this is a bunch of gibberish, but I'm not exactly sure; there are no words I can actually pick up to translate and there is no actual sentences and verbs or anything. But I'm not exactly sure.

I initially bought the CD soundtrack just for this single track, but I haven't listened to everything yet. I will make an actual review once I listen to the entire 2 CD soundtrack. But I do actually like the music in Splatoon, so most likely this purchase wasn't bad for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment