Friday, August 29, 2014

Tanto Cuore Oktoberfest-Kickstarter

So if you've ever seen Tanto Cuore at conventions in the dealer hall, you'll know it's a game about maids. Well it seems that there's a new Kickstarter out for a new version of the game which; Tanto Cuore Oktoberfest.
Tanto Cuore Oktoberfest
The game itself plays similar to Dominion, but the main difference, besides the whole theme is that you feel more connected with your other players, even though you're competing against them.

For $50 you get the game, which is the same price as the other Tanto Cuore games, but you also get all those sweet promo card stretch goals. Though some of them I don't like, just because I don't like cosplay cards. But the actual barmaid cards are adorable.

The add-ons for the game are standard fare though; playmats, towels and shirts. But the one thing I do like from the add-ons is the beer steins.
Ceramic Beer Steins, for the beer or the hot chocolate
I wouldn't have actually thought Japanime Games would commision a beer stein to be made, but there it is. While the actual cup is simple , the logo does a good job of covering up the face of the stein. Some people wanted there to be pictures of the barmaids but I think the emblem is classy.
Basic Tier
The tier I got was the apprentice maid tier since all I want is just the game, and nothing else.
Comes with the oversized playmat
The barmaid tier had quite a bit of anger and resentment since there is another promo that is not in the basic tier. Yeah even I commented on how weird it was that it wasn't offered to the people who pledge overall $75 and above (with add-ons) but I just wanted an answer as to why it was just in the barmaid tier. We did get an answer a bit later, though it looked like the kept skipping over it on purpose. But at least we got an answer. So I put my donation of $50 back. I don't need another playmat but I am ok without having that Mimoza maid card.

The Kickstarter ends on September 16 and the game is supposed to be sent out in December 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment