Saturday, November 8, 2014

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger- Taokaka:Innocent Heart

During the summer sale I bought quite a few games on Steam, and one of the ones that I did buy was BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. I don't exactly know why since I already had the game but it was probably for the reason of me wanting to support Aksys and wanting more Japanese based games on Steam.

So I got bored of playing Skullgirls at the moment, so I finally downloaded Blazblue. The first thing I did was started to play in arcade mode. And I got to say that I don't quite like the feel of the game on the computer as much as I do on console. I can't exactly explain why, but it feels it's lagging at parts but not because of my computer, but because of the game port itself.

Anyway I started eventually playing the story and I forgot how much I like Taokaka. Her story and her character herself is so innocent.
Taokaka is honestly very sweet and takes things to heart. Also she may be quick to action but she is the type to remember the people who do good things for her and the other Kaka clan. Oddly enough equating Lychee to "Boobie Lady" (she does call her this in Japanese she refers to her as "chichi no hito") due to her huge boobs, though Lychee feeds and teaches the children of the Kaka clan when she can. But in her story, the main one she goes out to find Ragna the Bloodedge but ends up getting so hungry and eating/trying to eat his food in Orient town, that he ends up feeding you because he feels bad.
After that she calls him a good guy and will never forget the kindness shown to her. Which I find adorable, even though it is a basic cat/animal instinct to favor those whom feed you. And in another divergence she ends up living with Bang because he says that he'll feed her (and ends on adopting her in some way as he dotes on her) and then takes Taokaka as his apprentice, which is really cute.
Besides Taokaka's actual cute storyline, I do greatly enjoy all the Kaka clan. The children and even the elder are adorable. In the Japanese version (I can't play with the English voices) I enjoy the little children's voices and the way they have them positioned in scenes.
They're just as adorable in their giant coats and their kaomoji faces. But I enjoy even though that the Kaka clan lives in the lower levels and aren't suppose to really be seen by society. Well they're still happy and don't mind living their lives. Even in the bad times, the Kaka clan does persevere. Which is a great thing.
If you haven't gotten BlazBlue on Steam, wait for a sale and pick it up. Yeah it's not Guilty Gear (which a lot of people prefer) I still believe that BlazBlue's story is great and intertwines with each character greatly. Also as a fighting game, it's not bad just kind of Guilty Gear like but that's ok. It's made by the same company. But it is a good game if you just want to add more to your fighting game library. 

No comments:

Post a Comment