Monday, November 17, 2014

The Binding of Isaac-Vanilla Version

Well, since The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth came out a little while ago. I decided to finally play the original version that I bought on a Steam sale for $1.99. I can't remember if I got it at the summer sale or the Halloween sale, but it was on sale for cheap and I bought it.

The good thing about this game is that it has going for it is that it's a rouge-like game. If you haven't played any games like it before it just means that it tends to be random generating on each playthrough so that no two playthroughs are exactly alike. Which makes each play session great. But the bad thing is that they're hard to play. But at the same time the toughness is something that you just want to keep playing over and over again, watching yourself getting a little bit better with every play.

Though this isn't my first time with a rouge-like (my first was Rogue Legacy) I've got to admit this is the first time that I've kept playing on a constant basis. Just because it's very easy to pick up and play, and everything that you can unlock and get achievements for are just a hoot.
Today I was actually able to unlock Cain, by getting a $1 bill from the slot machine when it blew up, and then I proceeded to buy everything that I could. This was actually the first time I was able to defeat Mom, with the power of money. Since every time I was low on health I was just able to buy some more from the shop, or attempt to win some at the arcade.
Though oddly enough, I kept on finding money wherever I went and of course I kept taking it, because who wouldn't want that free money. I felt really accomplished after defeating mom the first time. But sadly enough, I can't seem to get to her again. Which is a bit sad, I mean the game does increase in length, but I just cannot seem to get to her and it's so odd. But I will play and play the game till I get Rebirth (hopefully on the Black Friday Steam sale).

Mainly when I play The Binding of Isaac, I don't have the sound on, instead I listen to music or watch some let's plays while playing. Oddly enough most of the stuff I tend to watch are Rebirth playthroughs (odd I know). If you have the chance to pick up The Binding of Isaac, any version; it's a good game to pick up and play which never gets boring due to its constant change.

No comments:

Post a Comment