Sunday, January 4, 2015

What I want out of 2015-Resolutions and the like

While of course I have a whole bunch of resolutions (go back to school, find a better job-both which I am currently working on). I always write a resolution for things that I like to do for the year. Goals in my fandom that I can work on. So here are my 2015 Otaku resolutions.

Stop buying so much on Amiami
This one is the hardest for me since Amiami makes it so easy to just load up your cart with preorders. To the point where it was getting pretty bad for me. Honestly even without another hobby major money sink hobby, I was spending on the average 40,000 yen a month (with shipping) on orders since after Sakuracon, and that honestly needs to stop, since I'm back in school and saving so I don't have to take out loans

I started to limit myself and look over my priorities already. I put a cap on myself that limits to no more than 20,000 yen a month which means only a few things each month can be purchased, and I have to choose wisely. So far I am doing great though, I have a few preorders for a few months, but a lot of the months are actually empty since I'm just not willy-nilly just shoving stuff into the cart.

Buy a fightstick
This is something I've been wanting for a long time but have never actually gotten around to purchasing for whatever reason.
Eightarc Ivory Fightstick
I love fighting games, but arcades aren't really a thing in the US anymore due to online play and everything. I've been playing fighters steadily since Street Fighter 2 and long for play with a balltop joystick. But man... These things are expensive. Even cheap ones will put you back a bit, but you still want something good though, or at least with parts that are good.

I'm honestly thinking about a prebuilt Qanba with Sanwa parts in them, since I like the feel of those buttons more than Seimitsu. Whenever I went to an arcade with Seimitsu parts it always felt like I had to beat down on the button in comparison to rather light taps with Sanwa.

Make sure to update with more Otaku and game content more
Though I actually did much better than I thought I would with blogging last year, I surely could do better and I will hopefully this year. I plan to update at least once a week with a substantial blog post that includes;game review, analysis or even coverage from conventions/events that I go to.

Overall I feel like I just need to blog more and make more content related to it that I and others will enjoy. I have a lot of fun blogging and telling people about stuff that goes on, and I hope it does come out in my writing.

Hope that 2015 goes great for everyone~

No comments:

Post a Comment