Friday, March 27, 2015

Bloodborne is out...I need a PS4

The endless cycle continues
Usually I am not the type of person who buys a console or anything during its early stages, but Bloodborne just recently came out on the PS4 and I just cannot stop watching let's plays of it to satiate my desire to play it. Right now I'm watching theRadBrad playing as a lady through Bloodborne. And I got to say it really not only is my cup of metaphorical tea, but the female model looks damn well nice and makes me want to actually play as a girl.

While Hidetaka Miyazaki said it has the DNA of Demon Souls, it's its own thing, and not a successor to the game which a lot of people thought it would be. But you know what I am ok with that. Honestly though, I would have never thought I would have loved the games that From Software put out as they don't seem like the things I would play; but I fell in love with the Soul series. I think I'm just a glutton for punishment, though things like dying constantly don't bug me.

Anyway back to Bloodborne, the gothic style of the game just really makes me happy as it's an aesthetic I really love. As those are the types of fantasy situations I would write about when I was a kid and would pretend I was a hero in fighting against all sorts of spiritual and fairytale apparitions and monsters. I remember when I was young back in elementary school, a girl who liked anime back then let me borrow her VHS copy of Vampire Hunter D and my mom and I watched it together. I think it was that and the combination of the Adams Family that lead me down the gothic aesthetic.

Which means that Bloodborne feels like nostalgic to me without honestly playing it yet. But it feels like a thing I need to play. So I'll just have to get one soon after saving up for a bit. Hopefully by then there will be even more games I want for the system instead of a few choice ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment