Monday, March 30, 2015

Q-Pot x Sailor Moon Goods

The Japanese accessory brand Q-Pot is known for having rather unique style all its own; all created by a man named Tadaaki Wakamatsu. Wakamatsu designed Q-pot not only as an accessory brand, but also as a tool for means of communication. If you're asking yourself how does that actually work, trust me, people do take notice that what you have is something unique, but it's not something bad, but rather a feeling of happiness or having a smile come over your face. But also Wakamatsu as well cares about people all over the world, and education of kids and women in more impoverished nations. Q-Pot accessories are made in Japan with a great deal going into design (all items are designed by Wakamatsu himself) and even down to the packaging; which means the items are pricey, but I've bought a few items, and I feel the price is worth it.

Besides his own unique take on items, Wakamatsu works with artists and designers and created unique collaborations based on them. While a lot of his more known collaborations have been with Disney, the Sailor Moon collaboration has taken his iconic look and design and mixed it perfectly well with the 90's magical girl anime.
Crystal Star Macaron Bag Charm-18,000 yen
First is a macaron based on Usagi's compact that she uses for transformation. It's a really iconic item that takes well to Q-Pot's design. The top of the macaron does have more mass detail than the back like it would in real life. Though my only complain really about this item is that it's just for your bag/purse and they didn't make it a necklace. A more intricate design like this; and the fact that it is a compact that Usagi wears on her chest, really should have made it a necklace or a brooch instead.
Moon Phase Pocket Watch Necklace-24,00 yen
Now this is more of my style of item; the Orgel. While there are lots of these already made by individual artists and groups on the internet, Q-Pot took theirs one step further and put an image of the Usagi and Mamoru to show off even more that it's a Sailor Moon item. Since this is an official collaboration I'm actually glad they decided to do something like this, instead of the traditional we're going to make it a locket playing Moonlight Densetsu. Though I haven't seen it on a person yet, I have no idea if this is a big piece or a small one, but I will be leaning towards big because of the details within the necklace.

As of all Q-Pot collaboration items, they're a bit more pricier than their regular stuff, but also keep in mind there will be limited quantities and pretty much this may be a preorder only type of deal. While I wish that I can get my hands on either one of these, by the time I do have this type of money after Sakura-con it will probably be too late. I just hope the Q-Pot blog will have someone wearing one of these so I can admire them.

No comments:

Post a Comment