Saturday, October 18, 2014

Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler-Ciel Phantomhive Scale Figure Impressions

Kotobukiya came out with another preorder for their ARTFX-J line and I was a bit surprised by it to be honest. A Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler figure wasn't something I would have thought would be done. But I guess the success of the Book of Circus arc and going back to the manga series for a reboot shows that it's a good idea for marketing and fans. But I am surprised that Kotobukiya would release Ciel first before any other character, since it seems Sebastian has already been prototyped out. But I'm not going to complain as I do love Ciel as a character.
Up close Ciel's face looks so lovely and the detail in the eye is so amazing. I like how they made the clothing rather simple in color but yet those slight details in the clothing and accessories make the figure just pop even more. But more than anything else the base is something else, just amazing.
Chess tends to be a reoccurring theme in the manga series as it constantly alludes to many other things (though they don't play chess all that much). But the base for Ciel is simply gorgeous. The finer details just make the base simply breathtaking. 
The Ciel figure itself is 1/8 scale and is 11,000yen roughly (depending on where you order it) and is being released in March 2015 if the manufacturing isn't pushed back.
Expect to see a full review of the figure once I get it in my hands. Because I am super excited for it already.

No comments:

Post a Comment