Wednesday, October 29, 2014

WAS~The Hourglass of Lepidoptera-Kickstarter

Well it's time for another Kickstarter that I'm funding and where I talk about it, and it's about something close to my heart; visual novels.

Sekai Project is bringing us another kickstarter for another visual novel and this time it is WAS-The Hourglass of Lepidoptera. If you are interested in seeing if you want to donate to this visual novel there is a demo in their first update right here.

I have downloaded the demo and have played a bit of it:
A word of warning when you download this game, turn down the volume as if you wear earphones as I do. I got a huge blast of sound that has hurt my ears. Now for the demo itself, it's a bit of the common fare of waking up and not knowing what your surroundings are and have to be explained everything and a huge twist of events.
I only played up to the point of when you get out of the chapel, and for a good reason too. I was already started to get interested in the game. As I am a backer for the project I just knew if I was going to keep it up, I would wanna play the whole thing now. But I have to keep that restraint as I do want to be excited for the real deal when it comes out.

As for the Kickstarter itself, it was only asking for $10,000 and we're already past that. As I type this the exact amount is $13,389 so far. Though while we are already past the mark, voices will be unlocked as stretch goals, since they have to pay for the rights of the voices.

$30,000 will get us events and rewatching scenes voiced while $46,000 will get all voices unlocked and additional characters to be voiced except for of course the protagonist.

If you are interested in the game here is the main Kickstarter page. Sekai Project has done already a few sucessful projects via Kickstarter and has games (including World End Economica) on Steam as well. The minimum donation is $15 for a copy on Steam while deluxe for everything is at $150. If you want a physical copy of the game, you need to donate at least $75.

I'd suggest reading the information and downloading the demo if this seems up your alley. I know I am donating to make sure good VNs come out that retain various audiences. And it seems Sekai Project has a more general reach than the other few translators of Japanese VNs.

No comments:

Post a Comment